Hello Folks and welcome to a short and sweet show today we round up the last couple of weeks in MMO/Gaming news and as always reports of the going on in Azeroth, and indeed; Pandaria!
We also have an important announcement to make:
Due to June being stupidly hectic and full of IRL things we’re going AFK, but fear not! We’ll BRB with more Obscure goings on in July!
- SWToR moving to mega servers? http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/feature/6437/Will-TOR-Adopt-Mega-Servers.html/page/1
- and laying off staff http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/29/bioware-responds-to-swtor-layoffs/ MMO toughest sector of gaming (SWToR) http://uk.gamespot.com/news/mmos-the-toughest-sector-of-games-old-republic-dev-6378948
- But SWToR 1.3 details revealed http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/30/star-wars-the-old-republic-developers-detail-1-3-free-trials/
- secret world delayed http://m.mmosite.com/mobile/index.php?action=article&nk=4&newsurl=http://news.mmosite.com/content/c/2012-05-27/the_secret_world_delayed_to_july_3rd_and_beta_weekend_roadmap_unveiled.shtml
- D3 players getting hacked even with authenticators? http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-24-diablo-3-number-of-players-who-have-reported-an-account-hack-extremely-small-insists-blizzard
- D3 shifts 6m copies, 3m in 24hrs http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/23/diablo-iii-sells-6-3-million-in-first-week-3-5-million-in-first-24-hours/
- and Blizz korean offices get raided! http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/30/korean-government-raids-blizzard-over-alleged-diablo-iii-wrongdo/
- Firefall moves away from level based progression http://www.firefallthegame.com/blog/2012/5/25/firefall-development-update-_-part-3
- Queen’s Jubilee celebrations in runescape http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/31/runescape-throwing-the-queen-a-royal-celebration-on-june-2nd/
- Panda mounts, hundreds of dailies, teir 14 pics http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/25/mists-of-pandarias-pandaren-mount-daily-quest-cap-limit-and-tier-14-armor-sets-revealed/
- head and shoulders enchants gone http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/30/mists-of-pandaria-head-enchants-gone-shoudler-enchants/
We also want to know, for our first show back in July:
“What features would be on your list of ‘must haves’ for a new MMO, with SWToR adding in the Dungeon Finder WoW innovation, What can the modern MMO not do without for you?”
Let us know what you think of the show on iTunes!
You can join Damarai and Razerbug in game on Blades Edge EU in <The Allegiance>
Intro music was Decimal Places by I Concur.